Development Notebook: What’s Happening in Ocala and Marion County?
• Northwest Marion County: Golden Ocala Equestrian Land LLC has paid $2.15 million for additional land near the new residential/commercial/recreational equestrian complex near Golden Ocala.
The company paid $1.5 million to Allen W. Iwinski and Teri Giovia-Smith for 30.5 acres just east of Northwest 100th Avenue between State Road 40 to the south and U.S. 27 to the north.
The company paid $650,000 more to Deborah Lee Scott for 3.22 acres just north of SR 40 and west of Northwest 80th Avenue.
The company, and related concerns, have paid millions in the past few years for land in and around the equestrian complex.
• Northeast Ocala: Ocala-based Cordell International, Inc., has paid $925,000 for a building at 1056 NE 16th St., according to land records on file with the court clerk.
The building is in the Anthony Industrial Park and across the way from a building owned by BKD Holdings LLC, which has the same mailing address as Cordell. The seller was CenterState Bank.
• Northeast Ocala: The Magnolia Village Shopping Center, 923 N. Magnolia Ave., Ocala, has been sold for $1.45 million, according to land records on file with the court clerk.
The seller was Ocala-based Magnolia Village LLC; the buyer was Fort Lauderdale-based 923 Magnolia Avenue LLC.
• Southwest Ocala: 44th Avenue Properties LLC has sold the 44th Avenue Centre for $5 million to Newberry-based SMD Equity-44th Avenue Warehouse, LLC, according to land records on file with the court clerk. The center is at 1501 SW 44th Ave. The sale closed in late February.
• Southwest Ocala: The Marathon convenience store/car wash on the southwest corner of Pine Avenue and 17th Street is slated to be demolished and replaced with a new, 4,000-square-foot store. The fuel pumps and canopy will remain in place.
The project site plan application was submitted to the City of Ocala in late January. The property owner is Brandon-based Central Florida Petroleum Distributors, LLC. A new Walgreens is under construction behind the gas station.
• Southwest Ocala: Highway 200 LLC has filed a site plan application with the City of Ocala in hopes of building a nearly 6,000-square-foot medical office building in the Heath Brook Commons shopping plaza off State Road 200. The project name is Eye Care Center of Ocala, and the applicant business name is Shaw Optical.
• Southwest Ocala: Schroeder Commercial Properties LLC has filed a site plan with the City of Ocala for a 6,500-square-foot office building at 31 SW Third St. The project name is Document Technologies.